Senior full-stack Engineer (FSE/DevSecOps)
Junior Machine Learning Engineer (MLE/MLOps)
M.Sc. Computer Science
– optimize for learning –
(Yes, I like to be some kind of a Jack of all trades. Not a „master of none“ – I master general problem solving;))
I started programming at 14, I think, and started working as a software engineer right before my CS studies. I learned a lot about actual problems by solving actual problems. Now, many problems business are facing (over and over again) have more and more become solved problems – somewhat boring routine work. Although the field keeps moving, especially with K8s etc., machine learning was always my secret love and the recent second spring for the field was a good opportunity to invest myself into it. My first thesis was about tackling a NLP task (domain-specific classification) and my second thesis was about a recent (as in 2020-ish) self-supervised technique (CPC) being applied to a new domain (graphs).
What I love most about my job or area of work is that I can keep on learning forever. You just never know enough. You can always do better, rethink, rework. If you struggle now, keep pushing, teach yourself, come back later.
- black-snow.net – You are here
- Fleischerei Lindow – Local butchery website; interesting bits are: design, UX, page speed and sorts, legal stuff, business-side UX, mailings and internal business tools for things like price tags or BI.
- lot’s of stuff at work, of course
- i18n of some FOSS: Mozilla projects, postgresql, GitLab, OpenCollection
- Verbrechen – Gathers news reports on crimes from all kinds of sources, aggregates, transforms and classifies them, finally delivering them to the customers in a mobile app. Lots of interesting things about this from hard problems in gathering, classifying and extracting information to presentation on the other end.
- PhotoSync – Automatically back up and encrypt your pictures to various cloud providers and sync them across devices.
- Infinisee – That’s basically PhotoSync.
- MusicAround – A spin-off of Verbrechen for music-related events taking place around you.
Black Snow (music) – currently no official material (‚cept the stuff from the music page). Time is scarce and sadly music is the love that’s suffering the most.
Feel free to contact me! I speak German, English and Swedish :)
A growing list of tools and techs I’ve used so far – order does not imply recency or importance and it’s by no means complete: