Senior full-stack DevSecOps Engineer
Junior Machine Learning Engineer
M.Sc. Computer Science
(Yes, I like to be some kind of a Jack of all trades. I am also a scientist but usually that’s just part of the daily business, and tailored to the company’s problems.)
I started programming at 14, I think, and started working as a software engineer before visiting university. I learned a lot about actual problems by solving actual problems. Now, many problems business are facing (over and over again) have more and more become solved problems – somewhat boring routine work. Although the field keeps moving, especially with K8s etc., machine learning was always interesting to me and the recent second spring for the field was a good opportunity to invest myself into it. My first thesis was about tackling a NLP task and my second thesis is about a recent self-supervised technique being applied to a new domain.
What I love most about my work is that I can keep on learning forever. You just never know enough. You can always do better, rethink, rework. If you struggle now, keep pushing, teach yourself, come back later.
- black-snow.net – You are here
- Fleischerei Lindow – Local butchery website; interesting bits are: design, UX, page speed and sorts, legal stuff, business-side UX, mailings and internal business tools for things like price tags or BI.
- lot’s of stuff at work, of course
- i18n of some FOSS: Mozilla projects, postgresql, GitLab, OpenCollection
- Verbrechen – Gathers news reports on crimes from all kinds of sources, aggregates, transforms and classifies them, finally delivering them to the customers in a mobile app. Lots of interesting things about this from hard problems in gathering, classifying and extracting information to presentation on the other end.
- PhotoSync – Automatically back up and encrypt your pictures to various cloud providers and sync them across devices.
- Infinisee – That’s basically PhotoSync.
- MusicAround – A spin-off of Verbrechen for music-related events taking place around you.
Black Snow (music) – currently no official material (‚cept the stuff from the music page). Time is scarce and sadly music is the love that’s suffering the most.
Feel free to contact me via info [at) black-snow.net
A growing list of tools and techs I’ve used so far – order does not imply recency or importance and it’s by no means complete: